Thursday, August 30, 2012

Brownie Kick-off!


We kicked off a new school year, as well as beginning a new journey together as Girl Scout Brownies with a much-loved troop tradition, the slip-n-slide party!  I know, I know-what does this teach the girls? Girl Scouts is all about integrity, building self-confidence, and philanthropy; among other positive goals, right? Of course, but in order to be able to accomplish those things together, we must first bond, get to know each other, and spend some good quality time being nothing but silly! 

 As you can see, we have no issue accomplishing all of those goals. These girls had such a fantastic time together as Daisy Scouts, and the experience was very rewarding for my entire family, and me, as their troop leader. I am looking so forward to the upcoming two years as a Brownie Leader, these girls make every moment of sacrifice for my troop something that is pure joy. They always make sure and thank me with their sweet words, but even more than that-I see the benefits of them growing together and working towards common goals. I also see the smiles on their faces-and that is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment