Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Final Bridging up Plans

My first inclination, when I heard the rainy forecast for Saturday, was to postpone our Bridging Up event at Cheekwood. Of course, who wants to do this stuff in the rain? But then I began to think of all of the excitement in our girls faces as they have been busy planning their ceremony. I think how excited they are to be starting over as new Brownies. Girls and Moms are so enthusiastic about the new uniform. They have already gone over to the store, and shown up at meetings in their precious ensembles. We have made a new Brownie banner, and we have a brand new Girl Scout flag, earned with cookie profits-we are planning on debuting at Saturdays event!

 I COULD NOT let them down! Of course, there's this- WE ARE BROWNIES!! A little rain should not phase us! So lets just pray for beautiful sunshine! So, unless it's a monsoon, or another 1,000 year flood (God Forbid)-the ceremony will go on! If I deem it completely a washout, I will text everyone as soon as I get up on Saturday.
Now-here are the details:
Ceremony:
We will be having our ceremony on a beautiful bridge in Cheekwood's Howe Garden-it will be under half an hour, and possibly shorter, depending on the weather. I need Mom's who are willing to help out-if you are coming and want to volunteer-please let me know. If I get desperate, I may just be grabbing you as you arrive! Please be prepared for rain with umbrellas and rain boots. Our ceremony will start promptly at 10 am. We will not be able to wait on late arrivals, as the staff of Cheekwood have been kind enough to allow us this time free of charge for our event. (To reserve the Garden is normally $1500!) Please arrive no later than 9:30 am at the front pay office to meet with our group.

Dress:
Girls need to bring their Daisy vest, if they have one. It will be part of our ceremony. If girls have their Brownie vests, or uniforms, they may wear them. ( I know they are excited.) Girls will, however, need to remove their Brownie vests before the ceremony begins, and give them to me. The Daisy vest will be worn for the first half of this ceremony. Girls who have not yet gotten their uniforms are asked to please wear the Khaki and White combination from last years Daisy Investiture ceremony. That is, Khaki on bottom, white on top.You may also wear a white dress. For the sake of uniformity, if the girls have either a pale blue button down oxford or polo shirt, they may wear those with the khaki bottoms. This combination looks very much like the Brownie uniform.  If possible, I would like everyone involved or attending the ceremony to please also dress in the white/pale blue/khaki combination. We look great all "uniformed up" and we plan on having a group photo made of everyone!! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call or text me!
Lunch:
I have made reservations at the "Pineapple Room" at Cheekwood at 11 am! So far I have 18 rsvp's turned in-please let me know, if you would like to be added to this count. I would like to let them know how many on Thursday! The meals are reasonably priced at around $10 and under (kids are less, of course), and the restaurant has a great reputation for wonderful food!!
See you at Cheekwood Saturday at 9:30 am! Don't forget, if you have a Nashville City Saver Coupon book, a buy one get one free admission coupon is inside!!!
                                                 ~ As Always, your devoted Leader,
                                                                  Ms. Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment